Ever wondered if it’s possible to style a rectangle hijabs as a square style scarf?
When we tell our customers that YES, you can style a rectangle hijab as a square style hijab, so many women get excited (as they should)! Doing demonstrations at conventions is our favorite because many women find this tip really useful, as it expands their hijab wardrobe by a great deal.
We decided it was time to bring this easy trick to light for all hijabis out there to use, since it’s such a great way to change up your hijab look with scarves you already have in your closet.
Important Note :
The key with any square style hijab is making a “triangle” at some place in the hijab. Underscarf is completely optional, but we recommend trying our Adjustable Tie Underscarves if you do choose to wear one.
METHOD 1: "Toss & Grab" - Make a Triangle in the Middle of the Hijab
- Start off by holding your rectangle hijab out in front of you.
METHOD 2: Corner Square - Make a Triangle in the Corner of the Hijab
1. Start off by holding out your rectangle hijab.
2. With the corner of either side of the hijab, make a triangle by folding it diagonally across. (see image). You will have a lot of the scarf left on the other side.
3. Put this on your head, undercaps are optional. For this style, one side will be very long, and the other will be short/the “arch” on your head.
4. Secure with Headed Somewear’s Magnets. We recommend our magnets because they are strong, easy to use, and come in a large variety of colors.
5. Wrap the entire hijab around your head or neck once. You can decide if you’d like to leave the remaining cloth hanging to the side OR you may wrap again for a more secure look.
And that’s it!
We hope this helps anyone looking to use any of their rectangle hijabs as a square style hijab! Of course, we also have a great range of square hijabs for people who prefer to stick to the original style.
Leave a comment